Huda Beauty Mauve Obsessions Palette Makeup Look and Review
I have always wanted to get my hands on the Huda Beauty Rose Gold and Desert Dusk palette but I just couldn’t bring myself to spend over £50 – so when the obsessions eye shadow palette collection released I was so happy as they are a more affordable alternative priced at £25. You can purchase these Huda Beauty eyeshadow palettes from Selfridges or online at CultbeautyI loved creating this makeup look using the Huda Beauty Mauve Obsessions eye palette and I also received quite a lot of comments on how you loved it so I have decided to share with you all the details on how I achieved this makeup look.
- The overall finish of your makeup all depends on the condition that your skin is in – I always prep my face with the La Roche Posay Effaclar H Soothing Moisturiser. This moisturiser is perfect for me as I have acne prone skin that is combination, but as it is winter/spring at the moment my skin is leaning more towards the dry side so I need an extra boost of moisture & hydration. I find that this moisturiser leaves my skin super hydrated throughout the day and works well under makeup.
- Once the moisturiser has set I prime my face using my favourite primer – YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer
- I always colour correct using the mac conceal & correct duo – I use the shades Rich Yellow and Burnt Coral. I love the formula of this product as it is a thin liquid that is super pigmented and a little goes a LONG way.
- I used the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra wear foundation in the shade 024 – Beige Vanille. I applied this by using my fingers and then blended the product using my real techniques beauty sponge.
- To conceal I used the Tarte Shape Tape concealer in the shade Medium. I love this concealer as it reminds of the MAC pro longwear concealer but a more hydrating version – I just wish that Tarte had more shades with yellow undertones.
- To set my under eye concealer I used the MAC studio fix powder in the shade C35. This is my go to powder when it comes to setting my under eyes due to the creamy full coverage formula. I suffer with dry eyes and very fine lines so when I set my under eye area using a loose powder it really enhances that and leaves a crusty finish that I really hate. When setting my eyes with the MAC studio fix powder I never have this problem – the way I apply this is by using a damp beauty sponge and swiping the sponge twice onto my powder and then lightly dab the product onto the under eye area.
- I contoured using the AOM Cosmetics contour stick in the shade medium and blended out with my damp beauty sponge and zoeva brush. I went over this with the Benefit Hoola bronzer and the Bobbi Brown Bali Brown bronzer to add some warmth to my face.
- To finish off my base I used MAC’s highlighter in Whisper of Guilt from the limited Nutcracker collection & added a mixture of all the highlighting shades from the Nars Bord De Plage palette. To apply my highlighter I use my ring finger and the real techniques fan brush that I got in a brush set two years ago.
- I was recently given some Too Faced products as a gift from one of my best friends – one of the products was the Shadow Insurance. This is the first time I tested it out and I instantly fell in love – it is THE BEST eye shadow primer I have ever used. I tried the urban decay eye primer so many times but it just never worked for me. The Too Faced Shadow Insurance is nude in colour and is light and creamy in texture, I applied this by dabbing and smoothing it all over my eyes using my fingers.
- To make my eye shadow pop even more, I applied the NYX Jumbo Eye pencil in the shade Milk all over my lids and blended this using my finger as it is quite thick and waxy in texture.
- I then went in with Huda Beauty Mauve Obessions palette using my Zoeva eye brushes. Unfortunately there are no names for the shadow shades so I have numbered and labelled the colours in the order that I used them and how below.
- To add a little more shimmer and sparkle, I applied the Inglot Body Sparkles in the number 54 with a small brush on my lids.
- I used the Anastasia Beverly Hills dip brow pomade with my Zoeva wing liner brush on my brows and I finished my eye makeup using the AOM Cosmetics extreme art liner and Koko Lashes in the style Queen B.
- I applied the Colouredraine liquid lipstick in the shade Mars and then I applied a MAC lipstick in the shade Mehr on top.
MAUVE OBSESSIONS EYESHADOW PALETTE REVIEW
As a newbie to Huda Beauty eye shadows I have to say I am very impressed and happy with my purchase. I was amazed at the quality of the pigment of the colours – THEY ARE SUPER PIGMENTED! The next test was to see how they applied and blended on the skin – they applied very pigmented to my eyes and blended like a dream. I will definitely be getting my hands on more Huda Beauty eyeshadow palettes!
I hope this was easy to understand and found this post useful. I know it isn’t easy trying to explain your makeup through a blog post, hopefully sometime in the future I will start creating mini tutorials or a Youtube channel so that I can explain as well as demonstrate my makeup looks.
Thank you for reading xo